TENCEL™ branded lyocell and modal fibers are produced by environmentally responsible processes from the sustainably sourced natural raw material wood.
Known for their natural comfort, TENCEL™ Lyocell fibers are versatile and can be combined with a wide range of textile fibers such as cotton, polyester, acrylic, wool, and silk to enhance the aesthetics and functionality of fabrics. Unique physical properties of TENCEL™ Lyocell fibers lead to their great strength, efficient moisture absorption and gentleness to skin.
TENCEL™ branded fibers can offer a range of features: botanic origin, sustainable production, gentle on skin, long-lasting softness, contributes to breathability, color retention and biodegradability.
Want to know even more? TENCEL™
Naturally good-looking with an amazingly sensitive feel, our embroidery thread was developed with our earth always in mind.
- Made from 100 % TENCEL™ Lyocell fibres
- Available in 144 colours, including an overdye version
- A unique look and long-lasting softness
- Production that is energy-saving and reuses resources
- Botanic origin—derived from trees grown in sustainably managed forests
- Suitable for designs digitised for 40 weight threads
- Certified with STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®, Annex 6, product class I
- A completely new embroidery experience in premium quality
- Fully recyclable for more sustainability in the textile industry
Details that make a difference
When we talk about the environment, we often refer to the butterfly effect: how even little changes can make a big difference.
- The main ingredient in our TENCELL™ Lyocell thread comes from sustainably managed forests. The trees are grown on non-agricultural soil, are watered by the rain and do not require pesticides, fungicides or herbicides. And they are tall, offering more raw material over the same surface when compared to other plantations, like cotton. In this way, the land is used most efficiently and consciously.
- In order to extract cellulose, the raw materials are turned into woodchips. The non-cellulosic components are then saved to create other products. Nothing is wasted.
- A further transformation turns the cellulose into a pulp from which the biodegradable Lyocell fibres are derived – the same material (wood pulp) is usually required for producing paper.
- The TENCEL™ Lyocell is manufactured by Lenzing, using resource-saving and eco-friendly processes that have received the European Business Award for the Environment. The revolutionary closed-loop technology reuses the water and more than 99 % of the organic solvent, and generates close to zero emissions.
- These fibres are transported short distances and arrive to our embroidery thread partner's factory in Germany, where many expert threads are made. Here, they get their silk matte colours and finish to become TENCELL™ Lyocell thread.
- What emerges: a sensationally soft embroidery thread sure to please your senses. Its incredible performance on industrial machines ensures high quality with a low ecological impact. Not to mention that substances of animal origin are avoided from beginning to end.
At Dropshirt we believe in transparency and educating - learning is a life long journey so please share your knowledge of sustainability, recycling and help us save the environment.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article